Long-term course recruitment overview
An “Enrollment Exam” will be given to applicants who meet all requirements as listed in 1~4 :
- Applicant has completed 12 years or more of schooling, also hopes to enter university, graduate school or vocational school in Japan.
- The date of graduation of the last school attended is within 5 years.
- Applicant who has outstanding academic grades, also is highly motivated to learn Japanese.
- Applicant whose endorser has an ability to pay all applicant’s financial expenses during his/her stay in Japan.（Bank account with \3,000,000 or more）
Enrollment and Attendance Periods
We offer 3 entrance periods per year. Enrollment period is generally for2 years、21 months、18 months
- April Student (2 years)
- July Student (21 months)
- October Student (18 months)
|April Student||July Student||October Student|
|Entrance Examination Date(S)||August～selected date in the month of November||January～selected date in the month of February||February～selected date in the month of May|
|Examination Location(S)||Applicant’s home country’s capital, or other major city||Applicant’s home country’s capital, or other major city||Applicant’s home country’s capital, or other major city|
|Applications Acceptance Date||~ Mid November||~ Mid February||~ Mid May|
|Immigration Bureau Results||The third and fourth weeks of February||The third and fourth weeks of May||The third and fourth weeks of August|
|Visa Acquisition Procedure||End of February～ end of March||End of May～ end of June||End of August～ end of September|
|Entry||Beginning of April||Beginning of July||Beginning of October|
About an entrance examination ● Applications will solely be judged by results of essay and interview.
|Tuition||1 year||2 year|
|1 years (April Student・October Student)||9 months (July Student)||6 months||6 months|
Depending on the status of acquisition of Japanese qualifications, scholarships will be awarded after entering Japan.
|Room and Board Expense||6-months Room and Board Expense of 3-person room (¥20,000/month)||¥120,000|
|Application fee for Student Housing||¥20,000|
|Utility Bills||Utility costs are included in room rate.||–|
(Note) Notification for Expenses
- *1 Once a payment has been made to Fukuoka Internal Academy, As a general policy, we will not issue refunds regardless of any reason.
- [Exception] If applicant is not able to enter Japan due to decline of visa even after the Certificate; of Eligibility is issued by the Immigration Bureau, we will refund applicant all payments except for the non-refundable ¥30.000 screening fee.
- *2 The fee for the Japanese entrance exam and the college entrance examination as well as the private classes for the above exams are also included in the fees.
Health insurances and Rates
National Health Insurance
All students must acquire National Health Insurance in order to receive medical care for illness and injury during their stay in Japan. Students are responsible for annual insurance premium of ¥19.000 (approximate).
Personal Liability Insurance
All students must subscribe to Personal Liability Insurance in case that compensation occurs due to car accident, or damages another person’s article/property by fault. Students are responsible for annual insurance premium of ¥2500 (approximate)
*Insurance premiums mentioned in 1~2 may change due to insurance company’s policies.
Student Housing Policy
As a general rule at Fukuoka International Academy
we highly recommend our students to live in a student house until they become familiar with their environment. However, in the case when student wishes to live outside with their relatives or friends who live inside Fukuoka, we may take it under consideration by asking the student to present a written agreement from his/her parents which must include contact information such as address and relationship with his/her new housemate.
Extramural Public Scholarship System [JASSO]
Students must be recommended by a school in order to receive a scholarship from the Japanese government. To do so, students must meet all recommendation requirements including academic grades, attendance, and a proper learning attitude.
(1) Supply Amount (Monthly) : ¥30,000(as on Aug,2015)
(2) Valid Period for Grant : 1 year